Here are some common confusions we have seen at our EFT trainings explained:
- Repeating the setup statement on the tapping points. The setup statement “Even though I have this problem I deeply and completely love and accept myself” should be said only while tapping on the side of hand point. The reminder phrases, as given by the client, are repeated on each of the tapping points. For example:
Side of hand: Even though I have a pounding headache on the right side of my head that makes me feel nauseous and fed up that its happening again, I deeply and completely love and accept myself
Top of head: Pounding headache
Eyebrow: Right side of my head
Side of eye: Nauseous
Under eye: Fed up
Under nose: Its happening again
Chin: Pounding headache
- When moving onto a subsequent round, forgetting to say the subsequent reminder phrases:
“Even though I have some of this problem left, I deeply and completely…”
and on the tapping points
“This remaining problem”
- Make the phrases too long:
When saying the phrases for your client to repeat, keep the phrases short For example, this setup statement could be broken down as follows while tapping on the side of the hand:
Practitioner: Even though I have a pounding headache
Client: Even though I have a pounding headache
Practitioner: Its on the right side of my head
Client: Its on the right side of my head
Practitioner: It makes me feel nauseous
Client: It makes me feel nauseous
Practitioner: I’m fed up that its happening again,
Client: I’m fed up that its happening again,
Practitioner: I deeply and completely
Client: I deeply and completely
Practitioner: love and accept myself
Client: love and accept myself
- Clarification on one round of EFT
It consists of 1-3 setup statements (although we tend to generally stick to one) and tapping on the points from the top of the head to the under arm twice through.
- How to ask questions:
Here 3 ways to avoid asking this question:
– What is the reason that you are holding onto this problem?
– Is there was a reason you are holding onto this problem?
– Why are you holding onto this problem?
Starting with If, gets better results as it bypasses the mind’s objections to considering that there would be a reason that you were holding onto the problem.
– If there was a reason you were holding onto this problem, what would it be?
If you are a mum who wants to have feel happier in herself, with her children check out my book Frazzled to Fabulous in 5 Minutes a Day Follow my quick and easy step-by-step programme here https://www.frazzledtofabulous.com/