What do you do to start your day right?
Yesterday morning I woke up having had a lie in (till 7:30am!) feeling some warm and cosy. I brought to mind all the things I was grateful for… the successful training we had done this week, overcoming all the tech hurdles it involved, the wonderful support we had from our support angels, being healthy, having a healthy family…
As I got up I noticed the sun rising and streaming through the window. Instead of doing my morning tapping, meditation and qi gong, I decided to go for a jog first and enjoy nature. I was so filled with joy that when I came across a pile of manure with a huge bubbly puddle next to it, reflecting the pink and blue clouds, I could only see beauty. I stopped to enjoy the moment and surprise myself that I could feel so much gratitude in front of a pile of shit!
The reason I am sharing this story is that to start your day right is the key to having a better experience for the rest of your day. At the start of your day, like a ship, you set your navigation towards your destination. We all want to head towards destination calm, joy, ease, peace, fun etc. But when you get up late having had a bad night sleep, feel grumpy and not with it until the caffeine kicks in and then scream at the kids for not cooperating, you are setting your navigation for a day of stress, worry, overwhelm etc.
Here is a list of easy things you can do to start your day right:
- think of 3 (or more) things you are grateful for when you wake up
- get some fresh air first thing, even if it means walking round the garden for a minute before getting on with the day
- do a short workout (one of those 7 minute apps, yoga, qi gong…)
- dance round the kitchen to your favourite track, get the family on board too
- do a 5 minute round of EFT
Mums tap for 5 minutes every day…
- regain their calm
- enjoy their kids
- get more done
but not only that….
- they also feel awake and alive when they get up
- stop feeling the need to spend money on themselves to make them feel better because they feel so good already
- aches and pains disappearing
- partners asking them what they’ve been doing because they seem so happy
- not needing that glass of wine or bar of chocolate at the end of the day
If you would like to learn how to make EFT your 5 minute habit a day for a better life for you and your children, go here to be the first to find out when my book Frazzled to Fabulous in 5 Minutes a Day is published: